STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The name and address of the registered provider is Dr Methukunta, Briarwood Medical Centre, 514 Blackpool Road, Ashton, Preston, PR2 1HY. Telephone 01772 529230.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Briarwood Medical Centre) is required to provide the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
The practice is a GP surgery based in Ashton, Preston and provides a wide range of medical services for the local population for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. There is onsite car parking including disabled bays. There is access for wheelchairs and disabled toilet facilities. Clinical rooms can be accessed on ground level.
We have medical students and FY2 Doctors on placement at various times.
The practice team at Briarwood are committed to delivering the highest standard of medical care whilst providing a friendly and efficient service. We help patients manage their health and prevent illness.
Our Mission Statement
- To improve the health, wellbeing and lives of those patients registered at the practice. We aim to achieve this by developing and maintaining an excellent practice which is responsive to patients needs and expectations
- To work in partnership with our patients and staff to provide the best Primary Care service possibly working within local and national governance, regulations and guidance.
The practice aims and objectives are:
- To continually strive to provide high quality primary care treatment to our patient population to include consultations, examinations and treatment of medical conditions in a friendly and supportive environment
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting healthy living
- To understand and meet the needs of our patients and involve them in decision making about their treatments
- Seek advice from other professionals in the care of our patients where it is in the patients best interest, ie onward referral for specialist care and advice
- To ensure that all members of the practice team have the appropriate skills and training to carry out their duties competently and safely
- To treat all patients with dignity, respect and honesty, and to act with integrity
- To guide our employees in accordance with equality and diversity
- To create an educational environment where staff promote and share learning amongst themselves
- To review patient satisfaction surveys and adopt changes if appropriate